On average, one motorcyclist is killed in a crash in Texas every day. Motorcyclists can be some of the most vulnerable drivers on Texas roads. Too many times, drivers fail to signal or check their blind spots resulting in tragedy.
At the Karam Law Office, you are more than just a case. Your recovery is our top priority. We provide aggressive, passionate representation for our clients. When you are injured, you need someone who will stand up for you and fight for your rights. Contact our office today for a free consultation.
TEXAS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
- 483 motorcycle accident fatalities
- 1,856 motorcycle accidents resulting in serious injuries
- 17% increase in motorcycle fatalites compared with 2019, despite a 2% reduction in overal crashes
If you are injured because of another driver’s negligence or misjudgment, you deserve compensation. You need a fierce lawyer that will get you the maximum compensation available in your case. Contact the Karam Law Office today to discuss your legal options and get your case started.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
2. Left-Turn Collisions: Drivers making left turns may not see an oncoming motorcycle, causing accidents when they cross the path of the motorcyclist.
3. Speeding: Excessive speed reduces the motorcyclist’s ability to react to sudden changes in traffic or road conditions, increasing the risk of accidents.
4. Lack of Visibility: Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than cars, making it challenging for other drivers to detect them in their blind spots.
5. Road Hazards: Uneven road surfaces, potholes, loose gravel, or debris pose significant risks to motorcyclists, as they lack the stability of four-wheeled vehicles.
6. Vehicle Right-of-Way Violations: When drivers fail to yield the right of way to motorcycles at intersections or while changing lanes, it often results in dangerous collisions.
7. Door Collisions: Parked car occupants may open their doors without checking for approaching motorcycles, causing severe accidents for unsuspecting riders.
8. Mechanical Failures: Defective parts, insufficient maintenance, or equipment malfunctions can cause sudden breakdowns or loss of control, resulting in accidents.
9. Aggressive Driving: Reckless driving behaviors, such as tailgating or aggressive lane changes, endanger motorcyclists sharing the road.
10. Sudden Stops: When vehicles suddenly come to a stop, motorcyclists may not have enough time to react, leading to rear-end collisions.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that per vehicle miles traveled, “motorcyclist fatalities occurred nearly 27 times more frequently than passenger car occupant fatalities in motor vehicle traffic crashes.”
INJURIES RELATED TO SUGAR LAND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
When a motorcyclist survives a crash, they can have anywhere from mild to catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common injuries related to motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Lower-extremity injuries
- Skull and facial fractures
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Trauma to the abdomen
The first thing you should do if you are injured in a Sugar Land motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention. Always follow the guidance of your doctor and continue treatment. Motorcycle accident injuries can result in a permanent disability. If another motorist caused your injuries, you are entitled to compensation.
GET THE HELP YOU NEED
In order to get the most substantial recovery available in your case, you need an experienced, results-driven attorney. At the Karam Law Office, we always provide your case the dedicated attention it deserves. We know what it takes to win cases and will not settle until you get the most money available in your case.
Contact the Karam Law Office today to speak with a knowledgeable Sugar Land motorcycle accident lawyer and to get the help you need to get back on track. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims throughout the Houston area.