Providing Winning Results to
Car Accident Victims
Fierce Advocacy for those Injured
Car Accident Lawyer in Sugar Land
HELPING CLIENTS IN HOUSTON & SURROUNDING AREAS
When you are injured in a car accident, you need help fast. You deserve an aggressive, compassionate attorney who will fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve. At the Karam Law Office, we understand the stress that comes with being injured from an auto accident.
Our Sugar Land car accident lawyers have the experience and the resources to get you the recovery you need to get back on your feet. Contact our office today for a free consultation.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Texas?
- If you are involved in a traffic accident, the first thing you need to do is get help for someone who is injured. Many times the full extent of your injuries may not be apparent in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Your body may be in shock after a sudden collision. It is essential to seek medical treatment as soon as possible to determine the severity of your injuries.
- As soon as you are able, write down any information you can regarding the accident. You will want to obtain critical information from the other driver as well as any witnesses. Make a detailed record of what happened before, during, and after the collision. Take pictures at the scene and provide all of the information to an attorney.
- As soon as you can, contact an experienced Sugar Land car accident attorney. Be sure to provide a detailed account of the incident as well as any information regarding your injuries.
Even if you were partially at fault, you might still be able to recover damages. It is not your job to determine liability. Let our knowledgeable attorneys conduct an independent investigation of the accident and help you get the recovery you need.
Common Causes of A Car Accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some of the most common causes of traffic collisions include:
- Distracted driving (texting, cell phone use)
- Drug or alcohol impairment
- Fatigued driving
- Driver decision errors (Failing to stop at a red light, turning with obstructed view)
No matter the circumstances of your Sugar Land auto accident, you deserve a fierce legal advocate that will stand up to the insurance company and take your case to trial to get the results you deserve. At the Karam Law Office, we are results-driven, meaning we will not rest until you get the most favorable outcome in your case.
What Damages Are Available in an Auto Accident?
Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 16.003, you only have two years to bring a cause of action against someone for personal injury. Failure to bring your claim within the statute of limitations may result in your being denied recovery for damages.
In a Texas car accident case, the amount that you can claim in damages will depend on the extent of your injuries and circumstances of your case. With the help of a leading auto accident lawyer, you may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. In rare cases, Texas allows for injury victims to collect exemplary damages designed to punish the liable party.
Chapter 41 of the Civil Practice and Remedies Code defines the types of damages allowed under Texas law.
These are “awarded as a penalty or by way of punishment but nor for compensatory purposes.” This generally applies when there is fraud, malice, or gross negligence and are limited in the amount that can be recovered.
Hire an Experienced Sugar Land Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a Sugar Land car accident, you need experience you can trust. You need an attorney with real results that will be your zealous advocate in and out of the courtroom. You should never have to settle for less than your case is worth.
Contact the Karam Law Office today for a free consultation. You will never have to make a financial commitment unless your case settles. We are a local, family-owned personal injury law firm that puts clients first. Find out how you can get the largest recovery available in your case by calling today.