Providing Winning Results to
rideshare accident Victims
Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Sugar Land, TX
Proven Results for Rideshare Accident Victims
A decade ago, few people had heard of ridesharing companies or had ever used a ride-hailing app; today, it is a billion-dollar industry servicing tens of thousands of cities across the globe.
While companies like Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the way we get from one place to another, they have also drawn considerable concerns about who is responsible when there is an accident. Is it the company? The driver? Or another party?
At the Karam Law Office, we represent individuals who have been hurt or lost a loved one in a rideshare accident. Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft must be held accountable if their drivers cause irreparable harm to others on the road. Contact our office at (914) 368-7168 to discuss your rights after an Uber or Lyft accident in Sugar Land, Texas, or the surrounding area.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Rideshare Accident
If there are any injuries, a death, or property damage exceeding $1,000:
- Report the accident to law enforcement by calling 911.
- Seek immediate medical attention for injuries.
- Take pictures and videos at the scene.
- Exchange insurance/identifying information with all involved parties.
- Obtain the name and contact number of any witnesses.
- Take a screenshot of your ride reservation and receipt.
- Contact a Sugar Land Uber & Lyft accident lawyer. An attorney can help you file a claim with insurance and through the rideshare company.
Any time you are involved in an accident with injuries, you need to consult with an attorney as early as possible. Even if you believe you were partially to blame for the accident, you may still be able to collect compensation.
Who Is Liable After a Rideshare Accident?
Who can file a claim for damages in an Uber or Lyft accident:
- Rideshare Passenger
- Rideshare Driver
- Driver or passenger of another vehicle
- Pedestrian or bicyclist
No matter what the circumstances of the case, you should always speak with a Sugar Land rideshare accident lawyer to determine if you should file a lawsuit. An attorney can also help you file a claim through the right insurance company, ensuring that you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
Texas Law Regarding Rideshare Companies
The companies are referred to as Transportation Network Companies (TNC). They must comply with all rules under Title 16, Chapter 95 of the Texas Administrative Code, and Chapter 2402 of the Texas Occupations Code.
Texas Liability Insurance Minimums
Liability insurance minimums for personal drivers in Texas:
- $30,000 bodily injury per person
- $60,000 bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 property damage per accident
Generally, if you are injured in an accident caused by another driver, you would file a claim through their personal insurance carrier. However, if the at-fault driver was driving for a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft at the time, they should have a rideshare insurance policy with extended coverage.
Texas Rideshare Insurance Requirements
Rideshare insurance requirements in Texas:
- $50,000 bodily injury per person
- $100,000 bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 property damage per accident
Both Uber and Lyft carry this coverage on behalf of their drivers if they are involved in a covered accident, and their personal auto insurance does not apply.
When a driver is en route to pick up a rider or has a passenger in their vehicle, both Uber and Lyft carry $1,000,000 third-party liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as required by law.
How Can an Attorney Help?
Our Sugar Land Uber and Lyft accident lawyers will:
Conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident.
- Obtain the police report, witness statements, and other evidence regarding the incident.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Ensure all legal deadlines and requirements are met.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if a favorable settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company.
At the Karam Law Office, we will fight to hold all responsible parties liable for your damages, working hard to obtain the compensation that you deserve based on your current and future losses.
Injured in an Uber or Lyft Accident in Sugar Land?
Contact Our Office Today!
If you were injured in a rideshare accident in Sugar Land or the surrounding area, contact the Karam Law Office for a free, no-obligation consultation. Attorney Jacob Karam is nationally recognized for his aggressive advocacy of injury victims throughout Texas.
Call (914) 368-7168 to get started.